Beef Wellington is a classic British dish and one of the most delicious beef recipes that you can create for your next social gathering at home. Basically, the food preparation involves beef fillet that is coated with duxelles (mushroom mixture) and wrapped in a golden brown puff pastry. Other spices might be added to improve the flavour for this food recipe.
Food Recipe Ingredients: (Good for 4 persons)
- 600-800g (1 lb. 5 oz.- 1 lb. 12 oz.) beef fillet
- 300-400 (11-14 oz.) puff pastry
- 75g/3 oz. butter
- 4 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- Salt and pepper
- 50g/2 oz. plain flour
- 250g/9 oz. of chopped mushrooms
- A small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tsp. sage and thyme
- 25g/1 oz. bread crumbs
- 1 large chicken breast (ground)
Materials to Use:
- Frying pan
- Heavy skillet
- Baking tray
- Pastry brush
1) Trim the beef fillet for a nice clean cut and seasoned it with salt and pepper.
2) Sear the beef fillet meat and allow it to brown for a couple of 5 minutes and set it aside to let it cool for the meantime.
3) Cook the chopped mushrooms until it’s nice and soft following the onions and garlic and heat it for about 5 minutes.
4) Add the herbs afterwards, mix it, and set aside to let it cool.
Note: Just keep the pastry in the refrigerator until it’s needed.
5) Get ready for the pastry and flour your surface
6) Finish up the filling mix (duxelles: chopped mushrooms, onions, garlic) by adding the ground chicken breast and bread crumbs.
7) Spread liberally the filling mix on top of the pastry and be sure to leave 10cm border clear.
8) Coat the beef fillet in the pastry and create a very precise parcel.
9) After the food preparation, place it in the buttered baking dish.
10) Brush the beef fillet with egg and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
11) Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius (500 degrees Fahrenheit)
12) This food recipe is baked for approximately 35 minutes.
Note: if you want a medium rare, just add 5 minutes for the baking time and 5 minutes less for rare cook.
13) Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting/slicing the main dish.
Note: Slice into 10 cm slices and it’s ready to serve.
Learn how to cook Beef Wellington dish and enjoy a mouth-watering classic British food recipe just right for your dinner meal.