Are you looking for a new twist on broiled chicken? How about adding some zest to your broiled chicken with Dijon mustard! If you’ve tried any of our recipes, you know we don’t like boring. In fact, we are all about making any food exciting. Food is meant to be enjoyed, even something as simple as broiled chicken… So check out this broiled chicken recipe.
Broiled Chicken a la Dijon
Yield: 4 Servings
4 lb chicken split for broiling
3/4 lb very small potatoes – peeled
2 large carrots
4 small white onions
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T peanut oil
2 T butter
1/3 lb mushrooms
1 T red wine vinegar
2 T finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
3. Peel the potatoes. If they are not very small, cut them in half. Put them in a saucepan filled with water just above the potatoes.
4. Trim and peel the carrots. Cut into 2-in. lengths, then slice pieces into quarters. Peel the onions and cut them in half. Add the carrots and onions to the potatoes. Add salt to taste. Fill the pan with water above the vegetables and bring to a boil. Let it stand for 10 min.
5. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken halves with salt and pepper. Brush on the Dijon mustard to all sides of the chicken. Arrange the halves side by side in a baking dish, skin side down. Sprinkle with peanut oil. Place on preheated grill and cook for 10 min.
6. Drain the vegetables. Melt the butter in a skillet and when hot but not too dark, add the vegetables. Cook over relatively high heat, stirring the vegetables in the skillet, shaking it as you stir. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Continue cooking, shaking the skillet and stirring occasionally, about 7-8 min.
7. Pour off all the fat from the broiled chicken in the baking dish. Turn chicken halves.
8. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 min.
9. Place the dish on top of the stove. Add the vinegar to the liquid and cook for a about two minutes over high heat, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with parsley.
Here you have a complete meal, broiled chicken and vegetables.
Please let us know what you think about Broiled Chicken a la Dijon. In fact, send us your pictures of the final product! We enjoy seeing your successes in the kitchen. If you have any suggestions for broiled chicken, do not hesitate to let us know. We want to offer the best in recipes and food available anywhere. Thanks for trying Broiled Chicken a la Dijon!
Please watch this video clip for more ideas: