A lot of kids get bored easily when they eat the same snacks again and again. So, the question is how to satisfy and encourage them to have good eating habits to ensure that they get appropriate nourishment needed for their growth development. For moms out there, it is recommended to try several fun snack recipes for kids to satisfy their taste buds.
Moms should also pick recipes that can able the kids to help during process of cooking in order to allow them to have fun and learning experience while at the same time to have an opportunity where you and your kids have a quality time with each other.
Golden Rule for Fun Snack Recipes for Kids
- Make all the snack recipes for your kids to be tasty, fun to eat, and healthy.
- Ensure to have a balance between all the food groups necessary for their nourishment.
- Don’t forget to keep all snacks in portions sizes.
It should be stressed out that it’s a great opportunity to use a snack time to fill in your kid’s food pyramid throughout the day. It’s also a perfect idea that you can serve a well-balanced snack for them. It’s even better to at least incorporate at least two food groups one at a time. For example, if you include one carbohydrate serving such as crackers or breads you can add some protein serving after.
Here are some fun snack recipes for kids:
- Rich crackers sandwiches
- Place bologna in one piece biscuit or cracker, and then add some cheese on it where the kids cut out in delightful fun shapes.
- Put in the cut out tomato and cucumber and drizzle with miracle whip and your sandwiches are ready to serve.
- Healthy smoothie
-Add low-fat vanilla yogurt, fat-free milk and frozen berries (rich in Vitamin C and Calcium).
- Strawberries Melon Nipples
-It is made from less fat wafers along with light whip cream and fresh strawberries on top.
Moms should serve their kids with 100% fruit juice and avoid those that are
processed so you’re sure that all the beverages and foods they consume are healthy.
Furthermore, allow your kids to have discipline in eating their snacks with just enough serving in relation with their daily caloric intake and serve their snacks about 2-3 hours prior to lunch or dinner.
Finally, if you want healthy fun snack recipes for kids you can actually search them online for easy access. Anyway, just check out this video for further information about fun and smart snacks that would surely love by your kids.