When you are on a diet you are restricted with a lot of delightful foods and this makes you upset right? Any foodstuff that’s fried such as fried chicken is one of the most common and favorite to eat by a lot of individuals because aside from it’s easy to cook, it’s also delectable from their palates especially to the younger ones. In contrast, it isn’t healthy that you always eat fried foods because these are rich with unhealthy fats along with high amounts of calories. However, this healthy food recipe from Lean Body Lifestyle will teach you on how to cook chicken strips that taste like fried chicken but healthier this time.
Nutritional Values for this healthy food recipe include:
- 275 calories
- 51 grams protein
- 14 grams carbohydrates
- 8 oz. chicken tenderloin
Note: It is recommended if you will purchase a food scale device so you can count how much calories you consume and can measure what you are eating daily.
- ½ cup plain oatmeal
- A bit of garlic powder
Note: the amount is in your preference
- A bit of chilli powder
- A bit of black pepper
- A bit of ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- I piece bag (zip it plastic bag)
Healthy Food Recipe Instructions:
- Measure 8 oz. of chicken and trim down all the fat skin
- Make the fried coating using the plain oatmeal. Place the oatmeal into a bowl or into a zip it plastic bag (recommended).
- Let’s say if you choose a zip it plastic bag, add all the authentic spices including the garlic powder, chilli powder, ground cumin and the smoked paprika along with oatmeal.
- Mix the ingredients inside the zip it plastic bag for few seconds to ensure perfect fried coating.
- Place one chicken tenderloin strip inside the bag, close the bag, and then shake it off plain and simple.
- When the chicken is now fully coated, place it on a baking pan along with an aluminium foil.
- Repeat the process from numbers 5 to 6 until all the chicken strips are completely coated.
- For the remaining oatmeal coating, you can pour it over the chicken to make it crispier.
- Place the baking pan inside the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and wait for 30 minutes until its cook.
You’ll notice that all the spices smell good plus the crispiness which is due to the use of oatmeal. Indeed, a healthy food recipe that is perfect as a substitute for a classic unhealthy fried chicken.